“Da Boyz” Support and Empowerment Program
For all men and boys, fathers and sons affected by bleeding disorders
The mission of the men’s / boy’s program is to provide support, empowerment and networking opportunities by the sharing of knowledge and experiences living with a bleeding disorder or having a male family member affected; such as a father, son or brother.
- The program helps to provide Mentoring and Education to younger adults and new fathers so they will feel Empowered to tackle challenges that they may have to deal with as they grow into adulthood or from being a new father of a child with a bleeding disorder.
- The program supports older adult men with bleeding disorders and provides them an opportunity to share their knowledge and experiences with young members of the community and also allows the networking opportunity to connect with other men with bleeding disorders.
- The program helps educate all individuals in Advocacy issues that participants may need to be informed of, learn about and/or consider while living with a bleeding disorder. The goal will be to provide the opportunity to build a strong team of men and boys of all ages, building strength in numbers to become empowered Advocacy Voices for themselves, the community and the Chapter.
- The program will provide a gateway to networking with others of similar situations, ages, and bleeding disorders. The goal will be to provide opportunities to build long lasting relationships within the HSC community and beyond.
What might be discussed in these informal events? That answer lies within the men’s group.
For example: here is a glimpse of some questions that may arise within the community that a new or young father may be asking:
- What to expect as a new father?
- How to handle any stigmas or misconceptions regarding hemophilia and bleeding disorders while raising children affected?
- What are reasonable expectations of what a boy with a bleeding disorder can and can’t do regarding athletics?
The Next Event:
Join the men’s and boy’s program activities in different regions throughout the state. Stay connected, an event is coming soon!